Welcome to my Bosch SHPM88Z75N review, for one of the high-end dishwashers from the Bosch 800 Series. If you want to know more about this fantastic model of the dishwasher, keep reading to learn more about all its advanced features, wash cycles, and options and also find out about some of its disadvantages.
The Bosch SHPM88Z75N is part of the 800 series, which means that it is equipped with state-of-the-art features and dishwashing technologies. Like all dishwashers, the Bosch SHPM88Z75N is a high-quality dishwasher that offers fantastic dishwashing capabilities, and a nice, clean, and modern design that is characteristic of all Bosch models.
What We Like
- Effectively dries plastic dishes
- Super Quiet operation of 40 decibels
- The huge capacity of 16 place settings for your dishes
- AquaStop that protects the dishwasher and floor from leakage
- FlexSpace Tines for more convenient loading dishes with different shapes and sizes
What We Don’t Like
- That is obvious, it is its high price
- It will take some time until you get used to using the Bosch SHPM88Z75N Dishwasher controls
Bosch SHPM88Z75N Dishwasher Review
Design and Exterior
The Bosch SHPM88Z75N is a 24-inch wide Top Control Tall Tube with a Pocket Handle dishwasher with clean and stainless steel modern exterior.
Interior and Capacity
As for the interior, Bosch SHPM88Z75N is made of stainless steel. Its capacity is huge and can fit up to 16 place settings along with a flexible Third Rack that offers 30 percent more space for your silverware, an Upper Adjustable Rack that offers three levels of height adjustment, and a Lower Rack with a removable silverware basket.
Washing Capabilities – The Features That You Will Really Like
The CrystalDry Innovative Drying Technology
Bosch is the only company at the moment that makes extensive use of the mineral zeolite in its dishwashers. In fact, the mineral zeolite plays a major role in their innovative CrystalDry feature that dries the dishes perfectly at the end of the washing process.
Simply put, when this mineral comes in contact with water, it produces a certain amount of heat that greatly aids the drying process of all the dishes in the dishwasher, including the dishes made of plastic.
Using the CrystalDry option not only dries the water from the dishes but also removes the moisture completely from inside the dishwasher. So that at the end of the washing process you get 100% dry and clean dishes ready to be used immediately.
To get 100% perfect results when using the CrystalDry option, when loading the dishwasher, you need to place the dishes in the right way, especially the plastic dishes; more precisely you need to angle them so that the hot air has access to all corners and cracks.
Great Capabilities for Stain Removal
One of the main things that we are most interested in and the main reason why we buy a dishwasher is the ability to efficiently wash dirty dishes.
As for the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher, its cleaning capabilities are fantastic; it can remove any type of stains and dirt from your dishes.
According to many testers, when the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher operates in the Normal cycle, it manages to effectively clean 94.5% of the dirty dishes without beforehand their scraping, while in the Heavy cycle the efficiency is as much as 99.5%.
The Sanitize Option – A Perfect Solution for Bacteria and Viruses
The sanitation option is a feature that you should always look for in the dishwasher you want to buy.
It is part of the options that come with the SHPM88Z75N dishwasher.
Whenever you want to get rid of any bacteria or germs without the use of bleach, the sanitizing option will do the job by rinsing the dishes at 160 degrees Fahrenheit (about 71.1 degrees Celsius).
The Bosch SHPM88Z75N Dishwasher Can Perfectly Complement Any Kitchen
In short, what is characteristic of the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher is that it offers versatility, and its clean, simple, and modern design can perfectly match any type of kitchen.
What always comes to mind when Bosch dishwashers are mentioned is their extremely quiet operation. When in use, it produces only 40 decibels of noise.
Then their MyWay Rack a deep indentation that allows you to easily place your cutlery, small plates, and cooking utensils.
Also, we should not forget the adjustable Upper Rack which you can easily place in three different positions in height. This gives you a lot of conveniences when you want to wash wine glasses, baby bottles, small vases, or other taller items.
Bosch SHPM88Z75N Dishwasher is Ideal for All Types of Families
What’s even more wonderful is that the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher is designed not only for large families but also for smaller families and singles.
With that in mind, the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher has a half-load option that allows you to wash smaller loadings of dishes. By using the half-load option you will save a lot including your bill, water, and electricity.
Also, you can check the other great dishwashers from the Bosch 800 Series.
Watch the video review about Bosch Dishwasher SHPM88Z75N 800 Series
More Great Features
- The exterior and interior of the Bosch SHPM88Z75N are from stainless steel
- The MayWay third rack which the perfect place for your silverware and other cutlery
- InfoLight: The InfoLight is a really a genius idea for an ultra-quiet dishwasher like Bosch SHPM88Z75N, when the dishwasher is working, it projects red light on the floor that you will be able without problem to see it from across a large room.
- With its 40 decibels level of noise, Bosch SHPM88Z75N is a really super quiet dishwasher
- The Upper Rack with the three adjustable heights for better loading taller items
- The Self-Latching Door: Immediately after the dishwashing process is completed, the dishwasher door automatically opens to assist the drying of the washed dishes.
- 40 dBA Ultra-Quiet Operation: The Bosch SHPM88Z75N is so quiet that when it is in operation you will wonder if it works at all or not. Whether this dishwasher works or not you have two ways to find out through the InfoLight feature that while the dishwasher is working it projects a red light on the floor or you need to get very close to the dishwasher itself.
- 24/7 AquaStop Leak Protection System: With peace of mind, you no longer have to worry about water leaks while your dishwasher is running. In the event of any leakage, AquaStop will immediately stop the dishwasher and start pumping the water out of it immediately.
RELATED: Check our list of the best dishwasher on the market.
- Type: 24-inch Built-In Fully Integrated
- Dimensions of this Bosch SHPM88Z75N are: 23,75 inches in depth, 33.88 inches in height, and 23.56 width
- Weight: 116 pounds (about 52.16Kg)
- The length of its outlet: 79 inches (about 2 meters)
- Wash Cycles: Total 6 including Heavy, Auto, Eco, Normal, Speed60, and Rinse and Hold
- Wash Options: Total 5 such as Crystal Dry, Eco, Sanitize, Half Load, Delay, and Delicate
- Level of Noise: 40 dBA
- Energy Star certified
- Total Annual Water Consumption: approximately 623.5 Gallons (about 2360 Liters)
- Total Annual Energy Consumption: 269 kWh
What You May Not Like
Improving the Drying Performances Rather Than Stain Removal
The downside of the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher is that when it comes to stain removal, even though it handles this job very well, it still does not live up to expectations given its high price unlike its competitor Bosch SHEM78Z55N which has far better performance when it comes to removing stains from dirty dishes.
When designing the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher, instead of improving the removal of stains from dirty dishes which should be a priority of every dishwasher, the company Bosch decided to improve the drying performance of the dishes with implementing the CrystalDry feature which is actually the reason for its high cost.
The Usefulness of the Control Panel is Below Expectations
In the experience of many users, the Touch-Sensitive Controls on the control panel of the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher have poor responsiveness at first touch which can often be frustrating.
A second thing that users complain about when it comes to using the control panel is that the programming of the cycles and the washing options is a bit complicated so, that all this negatively reflects on the usefulness of this expensive high-end dishwasher.
But you don’t have to worry about that, some users say that it will take a short time until you figure out how to use the controls, and once you learn, operating with the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher, it will be a child’s play.
For the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher, the company Bosch offers a limited warranty of one year including parts and labor.
While a limited warranty from 2nd to 5th year you will get for parts only for the microprocessor or printed circuit board and also for all parts of the racks (but the rack components are not included). And there is a lifetime warranty for the stainless steel interior including the parts.
My Final Conclusion
The main selling point that the Bosch brand emphasizes in the Bosch SHPM88Z75N Dishwasher as well as in some models of the 800 series is that it features CrystalDry technology which contributes to fast and efficient drying not only of your metal, ceramic, and glass cookware but also of all cookware and kitchen utensils made of plastic.
But despite CrystalDry and other advanced features, I think the price of this model is slightly higher than other 800 Series models that have almost identical washing capabilities, such as the Bosch SHXM78Z55N and Bosch SHEM78Z55N models, the price of which is much lower
If you want to upgrade your old dishwasher to a new high-end ultra-quiet dishwasher that can easily and efficiently handle all types of dirty dishes, where the end result is perfectly clean and dry dishes ready for use, I really recommend this powerful and quality Bosch SHPM88Z75N Dishwasher. But as I mentioned earlier in this Bosch SHPM88Z75N review, this is an expensive model and you have to spend a little more money on it.