If you want to buy one of the best dishwashers from the Bosch 800 Series, then you can read our Bosch 800 series dishwasher reviews. Bosch 800 Series Dishwashers are extremely quiet, have more advanced features than the Bosch 500 Series, and have top performance when it comes to dishwashers including their clean and modern design that can easily fit into any kitchen.
The Best Bosch 800 Series Dishwashers
Here is the list for the best Bosch dishwashers from the Series 800.
Overview: Bosch SHPM88Z75N is a 24-inch fully integrated dishwasher, with a stainless steel interior, it offers three racks including the MyWay™ 3rd Rack which is the largest third rack when it comes to capacity for your silverware along with the 6 different place settings for your dishes, which is the largest capacity of Bosch dishwashers in general.
Also, the Bosch SHPM88Z75N is one of the quietest dishwashers from this brand, when it operates it produces about 40 decibels of noise. Besides that, for more convenient washing of your dirty dishes, it features 6 washing cycles and 6 options. The Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher features a precise Touch Control Technology, AquaStop Leak protection system, and on top of that, it is an Energy saver dishwasher.
- CrystalDry ™ Technology: this is a technology that transforms moisture into heat, which speeds up the drying process of the dishes including plastics up to 60%.
- AquaStop® Leak Protection System: this is another advanced technology from Bosch. This protection system works so that in the event of a water leak the AquaStop system will automatically stop the operation of the dishwasher and will immediately start pumping water out.
- Super Quiet Operation: Bosch SHPM88Z75N is one of the quietest dishwashers on the market. The maximum noise level produced by this dishwasher is 40 decibels, which is impressive.
- 6 Washing Cycles and Options: For more accurate and efficient washing of your dishes Bosch SHPM88Z75N offers you a total of 6 washing cycles including Heavy, Auto, Eco, Normal, Speed 60, and Rinse along with 6 washing options such as Delay, Half Load, Delicate, Sanitize, Eco and Crystal Dry.
As you can see, the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher is the top in the 800 series lineup. These top performers and advanced technologies have one major drawback and that is their high cost. However, if the price is not your problem then Bosch SHPM88Z75N is the perfect dishwasher to have. Also, you can read our full review of the Bosch SHPM88Z75N dishwasher.
Overview: Bosch SHXM88Z75N is built-in stainless steel, bar handle dishwasher, with a capacity of 16 place settings for loading your dishes. By performances, it is similar to the Bosch SHPM88Z75N. This model also comes with CrystalDry technology that drastically improves the drying process of the dishes and plastic items. The Bosch SHXM88Z75N is super quiet actually when it operates; it produces 40 decibels of noise. You will never have to worry that you will be disturbed when this dishwasher operates.
- FlexSpace Tines: This is a feature that you will use very often; in fact, they are flexible Tines that can be folded. By folding them you can make more space on the rack if you need to wash larger pots and pans.
- 24h Delay Start Timer: The Delay Start option allows you to set the dishwasher to activate automatically at a certain time and start washing the dishes. You have the option to set up the dishwasher between 1 and 24 hours in advance.
- RackMatic: RackMatic is a feature that refers to the upper rack. This RackMatic allows you to adjust the rack to 3 different heights and up to 9 different positions. This gives you great freedom in loading your dishwasher with dishes of different sizes and shapes.
- InfoLight: The characteristic of this feature is that whenever the machine is running InfoLight projects a red light on the floor in front of the dishwasher. When the dishwasher completes the wash cycle, the red light goes out at the same time.
- PrecisionWash: PrecisionWash is an advanced technology used in the Bosch SHXM88Z75N and most models of the Bosch dishwashers. It is a system of sensors that constantly scan the progress of dishwashing. While precision spray arms efficiently and accurately direct the water jet on each object inside the dishwasher.
The Bosch SHXM88Z75N is a truly cutting-edge dishwasher, it has many useful advanced features that keep your dishes and utensils perfectly clean. However, with such top models of dishwashers, the problem is always the high price to be paid. However, the Bosch SHXM88Z75N is worth all the money you put into it.
Overview: Bosch SHXM78Z55N is another model of Bosch dishwasher with high washing performance from the 800 series of the Bosch brand. This is a 24-inch built-in bar handle dishwasher with a stainless steel finish exterior.
Like the other 800 series models, this Bosch SHXM78Z55N offers a huge capacity of 16 place settings including the flexible third rack or so-called cutlery tray which offers 30% more space for your silverware and the RackMatic feature that makes the upper rack adjustable in height in 3 different levels and 9 different positions.
Its EcoSilence ™ motor system makes this dishwasher ultra-quiet with 42 decibels level of noise. I should also mention the InfoLight feature which quietly and simply shows you if the dishwasher is still washing or the washing process is complete. In addition to the ultra-quiet operation also I should mention this is an Energy Star certified dishwasher.
- CrystalDry: CrystalDry is an innovative technology developed by the Bosch brand and incorporated into their top models of dishwashers. Namely, CrystalDry technology converts humid air into dry and warm air that is more hygienic and more efficient way successfully accelerates the drying process of dishes and plastic items by up to 60% faster.
- 6 Washing Cycles / 5 Washing Options: for more convenient and efficient washing, Bosch SHXM78Z55N offers you 6 different cycles for washing such as Heavy, Auto, Eco, Normal, Speed 60, and Rinse along with 5 washing options including Delay, Half Load, Delicate, Sanitize, and Crystal Dry. These numbers of washing cycles and options give you the ability to choose the ideal program for washing your dishes.
- Silverware Basket: To your delight, this dishwasher comes with a standard Silverware Basket located on the bottom rack. It is removable and is ideal for washing utensils and cutlery.
- AquaStop Leak Protection: This is a super useful feature that keeps your dishwasher and your floor from leaking out all the time.
It is obvious; this is a high-quality dishwasher which, in addition to many excellent features and outstanding technology, Bosch SHXM78Z55N also with its clean and beautiful design will fit perfectly into any type of kitchen.
Overview: Bosch SHV878ZD3N is the well-known 24-inch dishwasher from the 800 Series which has a white stainless steel exterior with a fully integrated control panel.
If you have a big family, where after every meal you need to wash a lot of dirty dishes or maybe often you love to have parties in your house where cleaning and washing the dishes is the biggest headache for you then this is the perfect dishwasher for you.
The Bosch SHV878ZD3N has one of the largest capacities offered by this brand on the market today. It offers 16 different place settings for comfortably loading your dirty dishes. Now with the peace in your mind, you don’t need to make a big pile of dirty dishes in your kitchen and then to force yourself or somebody else to wash them. Now, this is a main job for the Bosch SHV878ZD3N.
This is one of the top-rated and bestselling models with the highest quality and dishwashing capabilities.
- 42 Decibels: So, first of all, this is an extremely quiet dishwasher. When this appliance is in the washing process makes a noise of 42dBA.
- Delay Start: This dishwasher has a Delay Start option, which gives you an option to choose your perfect time for washing your dishes.
- InfoLight: InfoLight is another useful feature that is implemented in all dishwashers from the 800 series. The red light indicates on the floor when the dishwasher is in the washing process. So now you will know when your dishwasher is working or not because sometimes it happens somebody accidentally to open the door of the dishwasher without knowing that the appliance is working and at the same time the steam and hot water may burn the hands.
- Self-Latching Door: Also, another great feature that is implemented in this appliance is the self-latching door. The moment you close the door and you press the start you don’t need to worry that somebody accidentally will open the door.
- Third Rack: This dishwasher like most of the dishwashers of the highest class from this brand has a third rack, which you can fold down and you can make more space about 30% for loading your dirty utensils, cutlery, and glasses.
- AquaStop Leak Protection: Also is worth mentioning the AquaStop Leak Protection feature that will protect your floor from leaking the water from the dishwasher in case of any damage or malfunction.
- Energy Efficient: For your satisfaction, you need to know that this dishwasher is ENERGY STAR certified. It consumes less electricity, which means it will save your money yearly.
- Type: 24-inch Built-in top control fully integrated
- The level of noise: 42 dBA which is a pretty quiet
- Water consumption: 2.9 gallons (10.97 liters) per cycle
- Washing options: 6 (Dealy Start, Half Load, Delicate, Sanitize, Crystal Dry and Extra Scrub)
- Washing cycles: 6 (Auto, Heavy, Eco, Normal, Rinse and Speed 60)
- Dimension: 33.875 inches height, 23.5625 inches width, and 23.0625 inches depth
- The weight of the product: 99 pounds (44.9kg)
Simply, the Bosch SHV878ZD3N is an excellent dishwasher; it is a relatively new model and is an excellent choice for big families.
Overview: Bosch SHP878ZD5N is one of the new models of dishwashers from the 800 series, which is characterized by top washing performance.
This is a 24-inch built-in fully integrated dishwasher with a pocket handle and on the market is available with a Stainless Steel exterior. As usual in this model are implemented the same quality and useful features of the 800 series.
- Pretty Quiet Dishwasher: The noise of this dishwasher is about 42 dBA which makes this model one of the quietest in its class. You can listen to music in the kitchen without disturbances while your dishwasher is washing the dishes.
- 16 Place Settings of Loading Capacity: It gives you a lot of loading space for your dirty dishes with its capacity of 16 place settings and a durable stainless steel interior which enhances the cleaning results of the dishes.
- FlexSpace Tines: It’s worth to mention the extra folding tines on the adjustable first rack in the dishwasher, which means now you have more loading choices to place inside pans and pots of various sizes and shapes.
- Flexible Third Rack: The Third Rack is a standard feature in most of the 800 series dishwashers, which is also included in Bosch SHP878ZD5N. You can angle the position of this third rack for more comfortably and easily fitting items like espresso cups, utensils, and cereal and soup bowls.
- Sanitize Option: This model features with Sanitize Option and by choosing this option the dishwasher increases the temperature during the washing cycle and eliminates about 99.9% of the bacteria and also enhances the drying results of the dishes.
- Type: 24-inch built-in, fully integrated with pocket handle
- There is a 24 Hour Delay Start Timer
- Load Size Sensor which automatically is choosing the right working temperature based on how much the dishwasher is loaded
- Energy Star
- It has 6 washing cycles like Heavy, Eco, Rinse, Speed60, and the Auto which is standard for dishwashers of this brand
- Also, you can choose any of the 6 washing options like Half Load, Delay, Delicate, Sanitize, Extra Dry, and Extra Scrub
- A feature AquaStop system which will prevent the water leakage and protect the floor
- InfoLight notifies you if the dishwasher is still working or the washing cycle is finished
- The dimensions of this model are 23.5625 inches wide (59.84 cm), 33.875 inches height (86.04 cm), and 23.75 inches (60.325 cm) in depth.
- The Product weighs 102 lbs (46.266 kg)
If your household is large, you have a big family and you are living in a big house than the Bosch SHP878ZD5N is exactly a dishwasher you need to have in your kitchen.
By choosing this dishwasher you will have a lot of benefits because it’s energy and water saver, your dishes will be perfectly clean and the same time sanitized, even you are not going to realize that is working because is extremely quiet.
Overview: This Bosch SHEM78Z55N is a 24-inch Energy Star certified dishwasher with a recessed handle and Touch Control Technology which like most of the dishwashers from the 800 Series, is expected to offer a huge loading capacity of 16 place settings along with three racks including the main bottom rack, upper, and the flexible 3rd rack.
For the cleanliness of your dishes, in this model, Bosch has incorporated advanced PrecisionWash technology which includes sensors that scan and check the progress of the wash all the time during the wash cycle, together with Powerful Precision Spray Arms that effectively target each item in the washing machine.
Also, to keep your dishes always perfectly dry after each wash cycle, Bosch SHEM78Z55N incorporates the famous CrystalDry technology that makes all dishes and items, including plastic ones, always dry and ready to use.
- Very Quiet Dishwasher: Like most Bosch dishwashers, the Bosch SHEM78Z55N is very quiet when running. The maximum noise level that this dishwasher produces is 42 decibels. It will be really hard for you to realize that this dishwasher is working.
- AquaStop: One of the features that every dishwasher should have is the AquaStop feature. If any water leaks happen from the dishwasher, the AquaStop automatically stops the dishwasher and starts pumping water out. With peace of mind, you do not have to worry about water leaking from your washing machine when you are not at home.
- FlexSpace: Like most Bosch upper-class dishwashers, this model incorporates the FlexSpace system, which consists of tines that can be folded back to free up more space for your larger dishes.
- CrystalDry: CrystalDry technology can efficiently transform moisture into heat thanks to the mineral zeolite. This is a new technology invented by Bosch and is often incorporated into dishwashers from this brand. The CrystalDry option gives 60% better results in drying dishes, cutlery, and plastic items than its competitors.
If you are looking for a quality and quiet dishwasher with a front panel and great dishwashing capabilities, I think that Bosch SHEM78Z55N is the dishwasher you are looking for.
Overview: Bosch SGX68U55UC is one of the best 24-inch fully integrated ADA dishwashers from the brand Bosch. It has a nice and clean stainless steel design with a towel bar handle. If you have a raised floor in your kitchen, then this ADA dishwasher will be the perfect choice for you.
Bosch SGX68U55UC gives you the flexibility to wash your bulkiest dishes and other large items in the kitchen with ease. It offers 15 place settings capacity for your dishes which is more than enough for one large family.
I just want to say that the Bosch SGX68U55UC dishwasher does not implement new washing options such as AutoAir and CrystalDry, but it comes with almost all the known key features characteristic of the 800 series.
First of all, Bosch SGX68U55UC will surprise you with its quiet operation which is a maximum of about 44 decibels.
But, one of the most prominent features of the Bosch SGX68U55UC dishwasher that you will appreciate is its water softener. Thanks to this feature, you will never have hard water spots on your dishes.
Also, with the 6 different wash cycles and 5 different wash options, the Bosch SGX68U55UC gives you the flexibility to wash anything you put inside the dishwasher.
- PrecisionWash: PrecisionWash is an advanced system of sophisticated sensors that during the washing cycle all the time are monitoring the soil level of your dishes.
- RackMatic system: RackMatic or so-called The Upper Rack has a built-in mechanism that allows you to adjust the height and angle of the rack to make more space in case you want to wash dishes or larger items. Specifically for greater loading flexibility, you can position the upper grille in 9 different positions.
- Flexible Silverware Basket: Many users will be additionally surprised by the additional Flexible Silverware Basket. This Silverware Basket allows you to split it into two halves and depending on your needs; you can place them in different positions on the bottom rack.
- InfoLight: Because the Bosch SGX68U55UC is a silent dishwasher, it features an InfoLight feature which always is projecting a red light on the floor when your dishwasher is working. So when you don’t see a red dot on the floor, it means that your dishwasher is done with your dishes.
According to many customers, the Bosch SGX68U55UC dishwasher exceeds expectations both in terms of capacity and performance.
Some of the FAQs about the Bosch 800 series
Question: My Bosch Dishwasher Doesn’t Fill with Water, How I Can Solve This Problem?
Many times is happening your Bosch dishwasher doesn’t fill with water, this problem can for many reasons:
The Washing Cycle is Accidentally Interrupted
One of the reasons if the Bosch dishwasher is not filling with water can be if somehow accidentally the previous cycle was interrupted. This problem you can solve simply just reset the dishwasher.
The resetting of the Bosch dishwasher is not the same for all models. For some of the models you just need to press and hold the button “Start” for about 3 seconds to reset the dishwasher.
Some of the Bosch dishwashers have an option “Cancel-Reset” and by pressing this button you can reset the dishwasher, then you just need to select a new cycle and again press the button “Start”
Check the Water Supply
Sometimes the water supply by mistake can be turned off. If that is not the case, then you need to check if you can find any kink in the water supply hose. If you see any kink, simply just shut off the water valve and replace the water hose with the new one and then again turn on the water valve.
The Problem with Water Pressure
Another problem can be not enough water pressure that your dishwasher needs. In this case, take one empty container of 1 gallon, place it under the faucet in your sink and turn on the faucet to fill the container with water.
Measure how long is going to take to fill up 1 gallon of water. If it takes more than 30 seconds, then the problem is your water delivery system has not enough pressure.
Water at the Bottom of Your Dishwasher
One of the reasons that your dishwasher is not filling with water to begin the washing process is the water left at the bottom of the dishwasher from the last washing cycle.
In this case, you need to clean the mesh filter and the large particles at the bottom of the dishwasher.
Open the dishwasher and in the center bottom of the dishwasher, remove the bottom tray, next to the top of the large-object trap you need to turn counterclockwise for one-quarter and lift it out.
Now clean the mesh nice and remove all the particles, the food debris, and the small objects left from the dirty dishes around the filter area. Thoroughly clean the large mesh screen around the large-object trap.
Now reinstall everything and close the door of the dishwasher to see if the water drains. If the water drains then you can continue with a new washing cycle.
Question: Can the Bosch Dishwashers Heat the Water?
Yes, many of the models can heat the water inside the dishwasher. When the water starts to fill the dishwasher, it needs to pass through the heating chamber and a small heat coil, where the water can be quickly heated at 161 Fahrenheit.
Watch the video below that explains step by step in case if you need to replace the heating element in a Bosch dishwasher.
Question: What Does It Means the Error Code E09?
This Error Code E09 is telling you that you have a problem with the heating circuit due to overheating (usually is happening when the temperature goes above 220 Fahrenheit)
If you want to fix this problem, just follow the steps below:
- Step 1: you need to tip the circuit breaker or simply you can disconnect the power cord from your dishwasher
- Step 2: next, leave your Bosch dishwasher to be disconnected about 5 to 6 minutes
- Step 3: After that just simply connect again your Bosch dishwasher
With these three simple steps, you can fix the Error Code 09 in many cases and your Bosch dishwasher will work normally again.
But there are cases this simple method will not fix this error code 09, which means the main problem is with the control board.
Usually, the location of this control board is in the upper right corner. In this case, you must replace this control board.
Question: What Does It Mean the Error Code E22 on the Bosch dishwasher?
If you see an Error Code E22 it means there is the remaining of the residual water in the sump pump of your dishwasher. So to solve this problem you need to check the blockage pump and the filter of the dishwasher.
The steps how to check the filters:
- First of all, you need to turn off the dishwasher or to unplug it for safety disassembling.
- Now you need to remove the tray at the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Under the tray, you will see a hexagonal filter, and one blue arrow at its front, this will notify you that the filter is locked in the place.
- Now in order to remove the filter from the base first, you need to unlock by twisting.
- Next, at the base of the dishwasher, remove the metal plate to uncover the outer part of the filter.
- Now clean the metal plate together with the portions of the filter.
- But if you see that the filters are too caked with grime and dirt, in this case, the best solution is replacing them with new filters, which you can order them from Amazon.
- And the last step is placing back the filter and the other parts inside the dishwasher.
The Steps how to check the blocked pump:
- To clean the pump first you need to remove the cover of the pump.
- Now when the pump cover is removed you can clean the pump from any debris to allow the normal draining.
- Replace the filter along with the pump cover and the lower rack.
- Now the residual water should drain from the dishwasher.
Question: What Does It Mean the Error Code E15
Often people are wondering if they see Error Code E15 on their Bosch dishwashers. So what is the meaning of this Error Code E15?
The Error Code E15 means that there is a small leak of water that is collected in the base plate at the bottom of the dishwasher.
Once that water has collected at the bottom, it’s going to make the Styrofoam float in the base, which is going to activate the micro-switch and the water inlet into the dishwasher will be turned off.
If you want to solve this problem permanently then follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: You need to turn off your dishwasher and then unplug the machine.
- Step 2: when you open the door you will see four screws that hold the front door in place. You need to unscrew them and slide the door off.
- Step 3: now you will see two more screws that hold the front lower base plate in place. Unscrew them and then pry the cover off.
- Step 4: the next step is removing the insulation behind the base plate. By doing this, the inside of the base of the machine will be revealed.
- Step 5: You will see a square plastic cover in the center of the base which holds the micro-switch itself. Now you will see two blue wires coming out of the micro-switch itself. Those wires will help you to identify the switch.
- Step 6: Next, remove the plastic cover from the micro-switch by pressing the cover from the right side, and the cover should come out.
- Step 7: now, behind the micro-switch itself, you will be able to see the Styrofoam disk and its size is about four inches thick. Just remove the Styrofoam disk and clean it off thoroughly.
- Step 8: After cleaning the disk replace it in its place, then reassemble the machine.
After the reassembling the dishwasher should operate as normal, and the Error Code E15 will disappear.
Question: What Does It Mean the Error Code E1 or 01
If your Bosch dishwasher is displaying the Error Code E1, it means there is a problem with the motor. Actually, this means that the controller of the motor is malfunctioning or maybe it stopped working.
By replacing the power module the problem will be solved and you can do it easily by following the next steps:
- Step 1: First turn off the power of your dishwasher.
- Step 2: Next, carefully remove the toe panel with a kick of a screwdriver
- Step 3: After removing the panel, now disconnect the dishwasher and pull it out, because the location of the power modules are on the right side base of your dishwasher (Many people will expect the location of the modules to be right behind the fascia panels, which is wrong)
- Step 4: You need to find the base tabs that hold the power module. There are two plastic base tabs. You need to press gently the tabs until you cleared the power module. After that begin to move the bottom of the module to clear the base and simply just pull the power module from the base.
- Step 5: in the last step you need to open the cover by pressing the base taps. After opening the cover simply just disconnect all the wires from the power module.
Any of these Bosch dishwashers can be a great choice if you are living in a big house with a big family. Even if you have a small family and you can afford to pay for one of the premium Bosch 800 series dishwashers, you are not going to make a mistake.
In case if don’t like any of the dishwashers from the Bosch 800 series dishwasher reviews, then you can check dishwashers from the other brands which also have great choices for everybody. For those who are living in small apartments with limited space in the kitchen or if you are moving often from one place to another then you need to consider buying a countertop dishwasher.