In this Ecovacs Deebot N79 review we provide you with detailed info, specifications, all features and answers for some questions for this on the budget robotic vacuum cleaner.
Ecovacs Deebot N79 – Design
The Deenbot N79 comes in gray matt color and the black color around its perimeter. This vacuum cleaner like most of the robotic vacuum cleaners on the market today has a circular design. The exterior perimeter has two separated bumper walls to protect the unit from bumping into objects while cleaning.
On top of this vacuum cleaner besides the name of the brand and the logo of the vacuum, you will notice the WiFi light indicator and a big button “AUTO” which by pressing will activate this unit to start with vacuuming.
Also, the Deebot N79 can be activated and controlled remotely from your cell phone with the Ecovacs app.
On the back inside the vacuum cleaner are located the dust-bin and the filter and you can easily release them with using the latch which is in the front part of this vacuum cleaner. After releasing the dust bin also you will notice a smaller latch that can be used to open the compartment with the filter.
When the time comes to recharge the battery, in the front on the bottom, there are charging pins that allow the vacuum cleaner to connect with the home base for recharging.
Watch the Video – Deebot N79 Vacuum Cleaner
How Ecovacs Deebot N79 Cleans?
In this Ecovacs Deebot N79 vacuum cleaner, there is implemented the Smart Motion System which the main job is to effectively detect and clean up all the dirt and debris on its way.
In the front on the left and the right side under the vacuum cleaner, there are two spinning brushes to sweep and push the dirt and debris into the suction area.
Then the V-shaped brush rotates and lifts all that dirt helping the powerful motor successfully to suck up all dirt and debris inside the vacuum.
This vacuum cleaner allows you to choose any of the four cleaning methods like automatic, edge, spot cleaning, and the single room mode.
- When you choose the automatic method, the vacuum cleaner will move around in your home to clean all dirt and debris.
- With the edge cleaning mode activated the vacuum will start detailed cleaning the edges, baseboards next to the walls and the corners in your room.
- The spot cleaning mode can be used for cleaning specific areas with a high concentration of dust and dirt in your home.
- Single Room Mode by activating this mode it will focus and clean only one room
To choose any of those cleaning methods you can do with the remote control or with your cell phone using the Ecovacs app.
The Smart Motion Navigation
This is the advanced option that helps to this vacuum cleaner clean any room without any problem. Based on the info of its sensors the Smart Motion Navigation system is choosing the best path where this vacuum cleaner needs to go for better cleaning of the entire area.
The Size and Dimensions of the Deebot N79
This robotic vacuum cleaner is 13 inches in diameter and 3.1 inches height, basic weight is 6.7 pounds (about 3.0 Kg).
Many people have problems with their upright vacuum cleaners to clean some tight spaces like areas underneath furniture where always there is a lot of dust and dirt that needs to be cleaned.
But the dimensions of this vacuum cleaner allow it to successfully move underneath furniture, but there are some chances this vacuum cleaner to get stuck underneath some furniture and maybe to get some scratches, which is the case with many robotic vacuum cleaners.
Accessories and Parts of the Deebot N79
When you open the box beside this vacuum cleaner these are the accessories and parts that are included: a remote control with batteries, two HEPA filters, four spinning brushes, a cleaning brush, a charging base, and a cord.
Using the Deebot N79
The using of the Deebot N79 vacuum cleaner is really a simple job.
- Connect the charging dock with the power adapter to the source of electricity and then connect the vacuum cleaner with the charging dock to charge the battery.
- When the battery of the vacuum cleaner is fully charged, the next step is to mount two spinning brushes into the specific slots on the vacuum.
- Now, you can turn on the vacuum cleaner and you can press the “AUTO” button located on the top to activate the cleaning process, or you can do it via your remote control or your cell phone, it’s your choice.
Self Charging Vacuum Cleaner
This Deebot N79 has the ability to recharge itself, so you don’t need to worry when the battery will get empty and manually to bring it and connect it with docking station for recharging.
This vacuum cleaner after every cleaning task or when the power of its battery gets low automatically itself goes to its docking station for recharging and also you can give a command to go to its docking station with the remote control or your cell phone via Ecovacs app.
The Option “Find Me”
Many times is happening while you are doing your daily duties at your home, at the same time your robotic vacuum cleaner is doing its cleaning tasks, but there are moments when you are wondering where the vacuum cleaner is, you want to know its right location at that moment without wasting time looking for it.
For this purpose, there is a practical feature called Find Me and you can activate it through the Ecovacs mobile app. Once you will activate this feature at the same time you will get the exact location of your Deebot N79.
Read our review about Eureka NEU188A Power Speed Upright Vacuum Cleaner on the budget.
The Main Specifications and Features of the Deebot N79 Vacuum Cleaner
- Type – Bagless Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- The Battery of 2,600 mAh allows you 100 minutes of vacuuming
- It’s cordless
- The ability for WiFi connection
- Doesn’t have support for Amazon’s Alexa, (but its upgraded model Ecovacs Deebot N79S has it).
- Limited warranty of 1 year
- There is an Auto-Docking option
- There is NO voice control
- There is NO Virtual Wall
- The capacity of the dust bin is 0.3 L
- High-efficiency HEPA filters
- Type of floors – hard surface floors and thin carpets
- It weighs7 pounds (about 3.0 Kg).
- Its main dimensions are 13 inches length, 13 inches width and 3.1 inches height
Some FAQs for the Ecovacs Deebot N79 Vacuum Cleaner
Here are the answers for the most common questions from the people for this vacuum cleaner.
What do I Need to Do Before Using This Vacuum Cleaner?
Always before you use this robotic vacuum cleaner you need to check the whole area that you want to clean and to remove any obstacles or objects that is going to interfere with the cleaning process.
This unit is not recommended to be used for high-pile carpets.
How Much Noise Makes Deebot N79?
It is normal for the vacuum cleaners to be noise when they are used. The level of noise will depend on the true power of the motor and the materials that are used for insulation and decreasing of that noise.
The level of noise that this Deebot N79 produces when you are next to it is about 56 decibels.
When Do I Need to Replace the Filter?
Whatever type of the vacuum cleaner we are using, it obvious that we need to replace the filter of the vacuum cleaner over time.
For this Deebot N79 is recommended the filter to be replaced at least once every two to three months, but anyway it depends how often you are using the vacuum cleaner.
If you don’t replace the filter on time, it is going to affect the cleaning performances of the robotic vacuum.
How Do You Know When to Empty the Dust Bin?
One of the disadvantages of this robotic vacuum is there is no ability to notify you when the dust bin needs to be emptied.
So, it is your responsibility frequently to do checking when you need to empty the dust bin and if you don’t do it on time the cleaning effectiveness is going to decrease.
The Main Pros of the Deebot N79
- This robotic vacuum can be controlled via WiFi
- Great affordable price
- Two side spinning brushes for better cleaning performances. Many of the robotic vacuum cleaners have only one spinning brush
- Multiple choices of cleaning modes
- The Lithium Battery allows you 100 minutes cleaning time before gets empty, this is longer than the battery in the iRobot Roomba 960 which is 75 minutes maximum of cleaning time
The Main Cons of the Deebot N79
- It is challenging to find a replacement battery
- The suction power of the motor is below expectations
- It is not recommended for thick carpets
- It doesn’t have the ability to mop floors
- It doesn’t notify you when you need to empty the dust bin
The Bottom Line
- For those who want to buy a robotic vacuum cleaner with WiFi support, this is a really great choice
- The Ecovacs Deebot N79 offers you more than you expect for the money you need to spend
Our Final Thoughts
From this Ecovacs Deebot N79 review you will know it is not a perfect robotic cleaner. Many of the useful features are missing like for example Alexa compatibility, indicator when you need to empty the dust bin and the suction power of the motor.
But don’t forget, this is robotic vacuum cleaner under 200 dollars and for that money, you will get more than you expect.
As we said before, there is four cleaning modes, smart sensors, two spinning brushes, long-lasting battery, compact dimensions, WiFi, remote control and the more important thing is its affordable price. The Ecovacs Deebot N79 is the perfect choice if you are on the look for a robotic vacuum cleaner on the budget with great performances.
This is one of the most wanted robotic vacuum cleaners on Amazon under 200 dollars.
Read Also: Our Top Choices of Dishwashers.