Welcome to my Frigidaire FFCD2413UW dishwasher review. If you have an interest in this affordable dishwasher from the brand Frigidaire but still you have some doubts, here you can read about its washing capabilities, features, washing cycles and also its main advantages and disadvantages.
If you are looking for a decent, reliable, and affordable dishwasher that works well with not too many features then Frigidaire FFCD2413UW needs to be considered as a part of your kitchen.
This tall tub dishwasher comes with powerful jets that can effectively clean any dirt or stuck-on food on your dirty dishes and cutlery. The dishwasher is a little bit noisy, it produces 60 decibels while working and what is more important, it is Energy Star certified.
What We Like
- Affordable Price
- It has satisfactory cleaning power compared to its affordable price
- 14 place settings for loading your dishes
- Stay-Put Door option
- Energy Star
What We Don’t Like
- It doesn’t come with many features and washing options
- Poor and old-fashioned design of the cutlery basket
- The upper and lower racks are not adjustable
- It produces 60 decibels of noise
Frigidaire FFCD2413UW Review
Frigidaire FFCD2413UW Design
In addition to its affordable price, it has a simple white design with a control panel located on the upper front. When it comes to the exterior of this dishwasher, it is not resistant to fingerprints, but the positive thing is that except in white, the Frigidaire FFCD2413UW can be found in stainless steel and also in black color.
As for the interior of this affordable dishwasher do not expect too much. When you look inside you will immediately realize that most of the interior is made of plastic with a monotonous gray color. The racks move easily inwards and outwards but they are not adjustable. The tines of the racks are not moveable, which has a very negative effect on the usefulness of this dishwasher.
The plastic interior has a negative impact when it comes to reducing noise levels when this machine is in operation. You should know that while this dishwasher is running do not expect it to be quiet, the noise level it produces is around 60 decibels, which is enough to keep you awake while you sleep near it.
Another thing to note when it comes to the interior of this dishwasher is that the cutlery basket has an old open classic design without compartments and lid. On the one hand, this old-fashioned design allows you to easily put cutlery in it, but on the other hand, due to the lack of compartments and lid during washing under the influence of strong jets of water from the jet sprays the cutlery will start to jump around and bunch up which reduces the effectiveness of their cleaning.
Frigidaire FFCD2413UW Cleaning Performances
For successful and efficient washing of dirty dishes and other items, Frigidaire FFCD2413UW features a powerful triple spray system. This triple spray system is able to easily remove any food leftovers from your dishes such as dried meat, burnt sugar, baked-on cheese, pasta residues, spinach stains, stubborn sauces residues, and more.
In addition to being able to handle dirty dishes successfully, however, after each wash cycle, inside the Frigidaire FFCD2413UW you will notice stains and food debris scattered throughout the interior of the dishwasher and you will also find some food debris on some of the already washed dishes.
In this case, the only solution for the dishes that have food debris and stains is to go through the washing cycle again. This can somehow negatively affect your budget. But do not forget that this is an affordable dishwasher with a price range of around $ 400.
But to avoid such situations, it is advisable to scrape the excess food before loading the dishwasher with dirty dishes. This way the chances are much higher, so your dishes will be completely clean with just one wash cycle and at the same time you will save water, electricity and most importantly you will save money in the long run.
Here are the useful features that are offered to you by owning the Frigidaire FFCD2413UW.
- Heated Dry Option: In order to speed up the drying process of your dishes, this dishwasher has an additional heater whose task is to remove excess moisture.
- Polymer Interior: It is worth noting that the interior of this dishwasher is made of polymer. This is another good feature that, in addition to the Heated Dry Option, speeds up the drying process of the dishes.
- 14 Place Settings: Frigidaire FFCD2413UW offers you 14 place settings; this is more than enough space with one wash to wash a large number of dirty dishes and cutlery.
- Delay Start: The Delay Start option gives you more flexibility when using this dishwasher. You are able to set at what time to start the dishwashing process.
- Stay-Put Door: This is another great feature that helps speed up the drying of your plants. At the end of the dishwashing cycle, the dishwasher’s door opens automatically. This allows dry air from outside to enter the inside of the dishwasher and at the same time moist air to escape. This drastically speeds up the drying of your dishes.
- 3 Wash Cycles: Regarding your needs, you can choose one of the three wash cycles such as Light, Normal and PowerPlus™ (Heavy)
- Child Lock Controls: This is a must-have feature in any dishwasher. The Child Lock feature locks all controls on the dishwasher to prevent children from accidentally changing the wash cycle or starting the machine.
NOTE: The Frigidaire FFCD2413UW is always programmed to remember the last cycle you used to wash your dirty dishes. If you intend to use the last cycle again together with the selected options for washing the dishes you just need to press the START option on the control panel of the machine.
- Dimensions: 24 inches width, from 33.5 to 35 inches in height and 25 inches in depth.
- Weight: 80 pounds (37.64 Kg)
- Tub Material: Plastic
- The Style of the Control Panel: Full Console
- The Level of Noise: 60 dBA
- Water Usage: about 6 Gallons (about 22.71 Liters)
- Energy Star certified
- Filtration System: Self-cleaning filter
- Available Colors: White, Black, and Stainless Steel
In short, the Frigidaire FFCD2413UW is an affordable dishwasher with average washing capabilities. It comes with basic features such as No Heat Dry and Hi-Temp Wash along with two non-adjustable Upper and Lower racks and wash cycles including Heavy (PowerPlus™), Normal and Light. Also, the dishwasher comes with a poor old-fashioned cutlery basket design.
So, if you do not have any special requirements for a dishwasher and you are looking for a reliable, durable, and affordable dishwasher and if you do not mind the noise level of 60 decibels at all, maybe the Frigidaire FFCD2413UW will not be a bad choice for you.
Thanks for reading my Frigidaire FFCD2413UW dishwasher review and I hope you got some valuable information about this affordable dishwasher. If you think this Frigidaire dishwasher doesn’t meet your needs then here you can check our best selection for dishwashers under $500.