Welcome to my simple and informative Samsung DW80R9950UG Review. Here you will find detailed information on the washing capabilities of the Samsung DW80R9950UG as well as its advanced features and washing options.
Simply put, the Samsung DW80R9950UG Dishwasher is for those people who need an extremely quiet 24-inch smart dishwasher. It has a clean and simple design, comes with many useful features for perfect washing of your dishes such as WaterWall and Zone Booster technologies, and is also Energy Star certified.
What We Like
- When this dishwasher is in use it doesn’t produce much noise. In fact, with its 39 decibels, it belongs to the group of very quiet dishwashers.
- The third rack that simplifies and facilitates the washing of your cutlery and cooking utensils. This rack has become a major feature of almost every high-end dishwasher. But what you will like most about the third rack of this Samsung dishwasher is that in addition to the fact that it can be adjusted in height, its central column can also be additionally adjusted in height.
- I really like the simple and clean design with the black fingerprint-resistant finish. The fingerprint-resistant will be especially appealing to families with children.
What We Don’t Like
- Despite the great usefulness of the Third Rack, most of you will not like the fact that when you slide the Third Rack outwards and inwards it behaves very loosely. This one would seem a bit strange if you compare the overall quality of the dishwasher.
- Another thing that many owners of this dishwasher will not like is that when you want to take out the cutlery basket, you will encounter small difficulties. Namely, when you want to lift up the cutlery basket, the whole lower rack will move along with the cutlery basket at the same time. So to successfully remove the cutlery basket, you will need to hold the lower rack down with one hand while you will need to pull the cutlery basket up with the other hand.
Samsung DW80R9950UG Dishwasher Review
Samsung DW80R9950UG Exterior
Pure, modern, and enticing addiction is what you will feel for the first time when you look at the design of this black colored Samsung DW80R9950UG dishwasher. You will immediately notice the notched recess, which is actually the hidden pocket handle of this high-end dishwasher.
In addition to the recessed handle, you will also easily notice the LED panel which simply and clearly shows the basic information in blue light for the current wash cycle. Another positive thing is that the exterior of this dishwasher is fingerprint-resistant, so you do not have to worry at all when children are playing near it.
Simply this style of dishwasher design will easily fit into any type of kitchen. What is more important, in addition to the beautiful, clean, and alluring design, the Samsung DW80R9950UG Dishwasher is also equipped with advanced features and offers high dishwashing capabilities.
Samsung DW80R9950UG Interior
So, when you open the door of the Samsung DW80R9950UG, inside you will see some of its unique features that make this dishwasher attractive for people.
Top Control Panel
The first thing that you will notice is the top control panel on the dishwasher’s door. This type of dishwashers where the control panel is located at the top of the dishwasher’s door is an ideal solution for those families who have children. Children playing near the dishwasher are more likely to accidentally press some of the buttons on the control panel. But, fortunately for this type of dishwashers that have a hidden top control panel, this is impossible to happen.
The interior of the Samsung DW80R9950UG is made of stainless steel that has a long service life that is expected from such a top model of dishwasher. The interior of the Samsung DW80R9950UG allows 15 place settings of capacity for your dirty dishes and utensils thanks to the three racks such as the Lower, Upper, and Third Rack, and including the Cutlery Basket.
The Lower Rack
The lower rack is specifically designed for washing larger utensils such as pans, pots, larger plates, and other larger utensils.
The characteristic of the lower rack is that it has movable needles. Specifically, these needles are designed to be folded so that by folding them you can better organize the space on the lower rack to better fit your larger dishes and objects.
Silverware Basket: Also on the lower rack, for your bulky little items or silverware, you additionally have a so-called silverware basket. This silverware basket is removable, so you can always take it out of the dishwasher and bring it to your drawer in the kitchen where you will simply store the already washed silverware.
The Upper Rack
Obviously, the upper rack is designed for smaller items such as water cups, juice glasses, coffee cups, saucers, and other small kitchen utensils.
Also, a big advantage of this grille is that it is adjustable. With the help of two side tabs in red, which also break the gray monotony of the interior, you can easily raise or lower the grille depending on the size of your dishwasher. Moreover, an additional spinner is mounted below this grille with jet nozzles to assist in washing the dishes.
The Flexible Third Rack
The Third Rack is actually the so-called Silverware Rack. It is an ideal place to wash your knives, spoons, forks, and other small cutlery. Usually, The Third Rack comes with a high-end dishwasher.
The flexible Third Rack allows you to adjust its height and also the column located in the center of the rack that you can lower it independently in case you need to wash oversized cutlery and other utensils.
Also, you need to know that The Third Rack is removable, so whenever you don’t want to use it, you can just remove it from the dishwasher. In this way, you can free up more space and you will be able to wash bigger glasses or cups in the second rack below.
Related: You can check out our large selection of the best dishwashers under 500 dollars.
Washing Cycles and Washing Options
For more efficient washing of your dirty dishes and cutlery, this dishwasher offers several washing cycles, to be more specific you have 7 cycles available such as Auto, Normal, Heavy, Delicate, Express 60, Rinse Only, and Self Clean along with 4 different washing options including Speed Booster, Hi-Temp Wash, Sanitize and Smart Control.
So depending on the number of dirty dishes, the level of dirt, and the shape of the dishes, you can adjust the washing of the dishes, i.e. to choose the most appropriate cycle with one of the options for more efficient washing.
Amazing Cleaning Performances
Also, what I really like and you will be really surprised too is that the Normal Cycle of this dishwasher is capable of successfully removing 99.2% of the stains on your dirty dishes, while the Heavy Cycle can even successfully remove 99.75% of all stains, which is really fantastic.
But, what the company primarily emphasizes in the Samsung DW80R9950UG is its innovative technologies such as The Water Wall Technology and The Zone Booster which, as claimed by Samsung, increase the efficiency of washing dirty dishes and silverware.
The Water Wall Technology
The Water Wall Technology actually replaces the traditional way of washing dishes using the traditional spinning circular arm that rotates at the bottom of the dishwasher.
Instead of the traditional spinning circular arm, a spray bar with 6 sprays jets is used. This spray bar moves back and forth and successfully covers 100% of the inside of the dishwasher.
The Zone Booster
Zone Booster technology, which Samsung has been using for a long time in its high-end models of dishwashers, plays a big role in the perfect washing of dirty dishes and cutlery. The Zone Booster technology allows additional and increased water pressure in certain areas in the dishwasher.
Specifically, you have the option to select The Zone Booster option to wash only the left or right zone of the lower rack depending on where you need to increase the water pressure and temperature for more efficient washing of hard-to-wash dishes
More Great Features in the Samsung DW80R9950UG Dishwasher
- Express60: Express60 is an option that you will use very often when it comes to washing dishes. The very name of this option says that the whole washing process takes about 60 minutes.
- In fact, this option is ideal for washing smaller loads of dishes that are not very dirty and do not require intensive cleanings such as coffee cups, cutlery, or wine glasses.
- AutoRelease: AutoRelease is one of the most useful features of this dishwasher. Whenever the washing process is completed, the dishwasher automatically opens the door, which accelerates the circulation of hot air from inside and cold air from outside. This speeds up the process of drying the dishes in the dishwasher.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Wi-Fi Connectivity is an extremely useful option. Namely, Wi-Fi Connectivity allows you to monitor the washing process at any time from your Smartphone using a special application. No matter where you are in your home, you will have complete control over your dishwasher.
- Type: 24 inches fully integrated top control
- Color: Black stainless steel
- Dimensions: 25 inches in depth, 33.875 in height, and 23.875 in width
- Weight: 101 pounds (about 45.8 Kg)
- Level of Noise: 39 decibels
- Washing Capacity: 15 place settings
- Washing Cycles: 7 including (auto, normal, heavy, delicate, express 60, rinse only, and self-clean)
- Number of Racks: 3 (Lower, Upper and Third)
- Type of Filter: Self-cleaning
- Energy Star certified
If you ask me, combining its cleaning capabilities, features, washing options, clean and simple design including its price, my final conclusion is that the Samsung DW80R9950UG dishwasher is a great investment for a long time.
If after reading this Samsung DW80R9950UG Review you still cannot decide on this product, you can also take a look at my large selection of top models of dishwashers.