DeLonghi TRD40615E Review: If you are looking for a high-quality oil filled space heater that has a solid construction, modern design, and can heat up small to large rooms, then the DeLonghi TRD40615E might be one of your best choices.
DeLonghi TRD40615E is an oil-filled radiant space heater that will impress you not only by its heating capabilities, but also with its beautiful design, quality, usability, and as well as safety features.
This 1500W oil-filled space heater can produce 5120 BTUs and for better controlling the temperature, it features 3 heating modes including the extra ECO mode. With the 24-hour timer, you can set the heater how long to deliver the heat into your room. Simply, the heater is very practical, easy to use and it saves energy.
What We Like
- This is an energy-efficient oil-filled heater.
- It features patented pre-assembled castors for more convenient moving around your home.
- The modern and revolutionary design
- 1500W of heating power
- Multiple settings for heating plus ECO mode
- Convenient carry handle
- Thermal chimneys
- Safety features including overheat protection, anti-freeze function, and malfunction diagnostic system
- Convenient 24-Hour programmable timer
- Power cord holder
What We Don’t Like
- The heater needs some time to heat up the room, which is normally for oil-filled heaters.
- A noticeable odor is coming from the heater when it is used for the first time, which is also a common issue for every new heater. The odor will disappear after the first or second time of use.
- The remote control does not come with this heater which really surprises me when it comes to a quality heater like this one.
DeLonghi TRD40615E Review
- It uses 12.5 Amps when in use.
- The maximum power of this DeLonghi is 1500 watts, which means it can deliver 5120 BTUs of heat.
- The heater provides the best results if it is used for small and medium rooms with a maximum of 144 square feet.
- It features 6 inches long power cord.
From the picture above, you will see that the design of this radiant heater is modern and simple with a black control panel in the front. It is very different from the design of classic oil-filled heaters. With this heater, the DeLonghi brand unveils a new innovative and revolutionary design whose task is to increase the efficiency of heating a room with less energy consumption.
The flat panel heater design creates about 25 percent more heating area than oil-filled heaters of the same class. A big advantage of this heater is that it is characterized by the ability to deliver heat using two ways, convective and radial.
I really like the extra feature that increases the efficiency of the heating, which are the thermal chimneys located on the top surface of the heater. They even contribute to the modern design of the heater. Thermal chimneys accelerate the flow of heat out into the room and at the same time, they keep the heater surface temperature very low, making it safe to touch.
Its dimensions are similar to that of most oil-filled heaters and are 16.4 inches long, 10.3 inches wide and 26.1 inches high. Its basic weight is 26.6 pounds (about 12 kg) which makes it slightly heavier than some models in its class.
3 Heating Modes plus ECO Mode
To get the most precise temperature in your room, this DeLonghi heater offers you a choice of three different heating modes, such as 700 Watt Low Mode, 800 Watt Medium and 1500 Watt High Mode.
Also, a very good feature that I believe you will love is the working indicator. Depending on which mode the heater operates the indicator shows a different color such as:
- If the heater is running at maximum power, the working indicator will light red.
- When the heater is set to operate in Medium mode the indicator will be yellow.
- And when the heater is set to the lowest heating mode, the indicator will turn green.
In addition to these three heating modes, the heater offers you the option to choose an ECO mode as needed. When activated in Eco mode, the heater will automatically adjust the most appropriate power level to obtain the optimum room temperature with much lower power consumption.
On the front is the user-friendly and stylish black control panel that includes the LCD screen, adjustable thermostat, different heat settings, and the 24-hour convenient programmable timer.
The timer is one of the features of the heater that we all really appreciate. With the help of the timer, we will be able to set the heater to turn itself off after a certain time of heating. You also have the option to set the heater for how many hours it should be turned off before to turn itself on again. The maximum number of hours that the timer allows the heater to be set is 24, beginning from 0.5 to 24 hours.
This gives you a great deal of freedom in controlling not only the temperature in the room, but also you have control over your electricity consumption. You also control your budget at the same time, which is really useful especially in winter.
The design of this DeLonghi heater also features a carry handle that allows you easily and comfortably to carry off the heater to a designated place in your home. Plus for better portability, it also comes with pre-assembled castors.
The heater is really quiet when operating, which is a common positive feature of all oil-filled heaters. This makes it ideal for using it in a bedroom. But there is one thing that may be annoying some people, which is the click sound the is coming from the thermostat on the heater when it is turning off when it reaches a set temperature in the room and when it automatically switches on to heat up again.
This DeLonghi TRD40615E oil-filled heater is equipped with some safety features such as:
- Overheat Protection: If the indoor temperature rises above the allowable limit, then the overheating function will shut off the device immediately. This is extremely useful to prevent unwanted incidents.
- Anti-Freeze Function: This is another safety feature that is very important to implement in a space heater and that is the anti-freeze function. Whenever the temperature in the room drops below 41 F (5 Celsius), the heater will automatically activate to operate in the highest heating mode to prevent freezing conditions in the room.
Malfunction Diagnostic System
A very interesting and positive safety feature that most heaters do not have is a diagnostic system that signals malfunctions such as:
- Probe malfunction: If for some unknown reason the device does not operate on the LCD display, the “PF” mark will appear. In this case, you will need to contact De’Longhi Customer Service.
- High Temperature: If the device’s internal temperature is too high, the display will display “HT” and the heater will gradually start to reduce the heating power, which will automatically reduce the temperature within the permitted range. When the temperature inside the heater is normalized, the “HT” mark on the display will disappear.
What Are the Benefits of the DeLonghi TRD40615E Room Radiant Heater?
From this DeLonghi TRD40615E review you realize this is a truly high-performance radiant heater with a revolutionary, clean, and modern design that will fit perfectly with your home interior.
It can deliver 5120 BTUs of heat, enough to effectively heat any room of small or large size. In addition, it is quiet, safe to use, it has great portability and at the same time with its built-in ECO mode, it will reduce your electricity consumption and your budget.
As you can see DeLonghi trd40615e is a full room, radiant heater, despite having many positive features like most heaters, also has a few drawbacks. But, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not worth the investment in this quality product.
Alternatives to DeLonghi TRD40615E
For those who think the DeLonghi TRD40615E is not the right choice, we suggest a great alternative.
Pelonis NY1507-14A Oil-Filled Space Heater
The Pelonis NY1507-14A is one of the most popular oil-filled heaters of this brand. Its maximum heating power of 1500 watts means it can deliver 5120 BTUs of heat, which makes it ideal for heating up small and medium-sized rooms.
Like the DeLonghi TRD40615E, this heater also offers 3 different heating modes, as I already mentioned, it uses1500 Watts when it sets to work in high mode, 900 Watts in medium mode and 600 Watts in low mode. Keep in mind this model also offers an efficient Eco mode of operation that will save both your electricity and your budget in the cold winter days.
For even more control, this Pelonis heater has a built-in thermostat with 5 different temperature settings to achieve the desired temperature in your room. It also has a timer where the maximum setting time is 10 hours, which is much less than the DeLonghi TRD40615E 24-hour timer.
This heater is designed to be very portable. Thanks to its weight of just 16.09 pounds (about 7.66 kg), a comfortable carrying handle, 4 Castor wheels capable of rotating 360 degrees and its compact dimensions of 13.8 inches long, 11 inches wide and 25.2 inches high make this heater to be extremely portable. Like the DeLonghi, Pelonis also has a power cord holder which is very practical.
But when it comes to safety, it is really safe in the true sense of the word. Overheating protection and Tip-Over Protection will ensure that no hazardous situations occur in your home. And not only that, this device is very quiet, it will not disturb you while working, it is a great choice for your bedroom.
One very useful thing the DeLonghi TRD40615E does not have but Pelonis has, it is the remote control. This will make your life much easier when you need to operate the heater. Also, the price of the Pelonis NY1507-14A is more affordable than the DeLonghi model.
What We Like
- Remote control
- Power cord holder
- Eco-mode which increase the efficiency of the heater
- Great portability
- Affordable price
- Safety features
- Adjustable thermostat with 5 different temperature settings including the 10-hour timer
What We Don’t Like
- It is not intended for heating up large rooms
- Some users complain that sometimes the thermostat is not accurate as of the thermostat in other space heaters