If you need a portable space heater that is capable quickly to heat up any room in your home with lower usage of electricity then the Dr Infrared Heater DR968 portable space heater with a humidifier is highly recommended for you. This is the newest and more advanced model than the old and cheaper model that has less built-in features than the newer Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater with Humidifier. However, buying any one of these two models will be a great choice for you.
The Key Features of the Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater with Humidifier
For More Info Click On The Image
High Power Output
This space heater has the ability to heat not only small-sized rooms but also large rooms up to 1000 square feet. Due to the infrared quartz tube of high quality located inside the heater makes Dr. Infrared space heater to produce about 60% more heat than the space heaters from the other brands with less consumption of electricity and in a very efficient way. This model is rated at 5200 BTUs.
The heater offers you three energy settings and they are – a low setting that uses 1000 Watts, a high setting that uses 1500 Watts and an auto setting that allows you to select a temperature from 50 to 86 Fahrenheit (from 10 to 30 Celsius) for your best comfort.
Dual Heating System
As from the brand Dr. Infrared Heater claims, this space heater will generate 60% more heat and at the same time, you can be able to save up 50% money on electricity comparing the other portable space heaters on the market.
But, to be honest, I am not sure if these numbers are correct. However, by reading many reviews, most of the customers are very pleased with the capabilities of this space heater and also we all know that the infrared heaters are one of the most efficient space heaters comparing the other types of heaters.
The Level of Noise
The heated air will be quickly and effectively spread around your room thanks to the built-in turbofan that has the ability to work extremely quietly with high pressure. It is one of the quietest heaters of this type.
You can easily do maintenance on a regular base. It comes with a removable filter and whenever you need to clean the filter, you can just simply remove it from the back of the heater’s housing. Then simply you can use either your vacuum cleaner or warm water for cleaning the filter. In case if you use warm water for cleaning the filter, make sure the filter to be completely dried out before you put it back on the heater.
Under the heater, there are 4 strong and durable casters that allow you effortlessly to move the space heater in any location in your house.
It is normally in the wintertime when we use a space heater; the air in our homes can get dry which will be really uncomfortable for some people.
To be avoiding this problem, in this Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater has been implemented a silent ultrasonic humidifier which its main function is to replenish the lost moisture into the air. The humidifier has a removable bottle and you can always easily fill it up with water.
The Dr. Infrared Heater will allow you remotely to have full control over a few important features like temperature, oscillating fan, and humidifier. All this is thanks to the built-in remote control feature.
The oscillating fan is another great thing that is built-in into this infrared portable space heater. The fan can help to the heated air to be spread out evenly and quickly into your room. The great thing about this fan is that you can use even if the heater is not turned on as a cooling fan during the hot weather.
Read Also: Best Dishwashers for Your Kitchen
Safety Features of the Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater 1500 Watt
The Dr. Infrared Heater portable space heater comes with some great safety features.
- Firstly, the heater is made of high-quality material that increases the safety in your home, plus the heater is UL certified which gives you the knowledge that this is a safe appliance for kids and pets.
- Also, it features a topple detector and whenever the heater is toppled or it falls down for some reason, the detector automatically will shut off the heater. But, this safety feature has a downside. In order to properly work the topple detector, the heater must be placed steadily on a hard and flat surface.
- The electrical cord of the heater has a three-prong plug-in for your maximum safety when is plugged into a wall outlet.
- An Overheat Shut-Off Protection System – The space heater also features a protection system that will shut off the heater every time if it comes to overheating for some reason.
Although this heater has safety features anyway when using a heater you need to know and follow some of the basic important safety procedures.
Other Features and Specifications of the Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- Type: Infrared space heater
- Infrared quartz tube with PTC
- Power: 1500 Watts
- Output: 5200 BTUs
- Temperature settings in a range of 50 to 85 Fahrenheit
- Electric cord 72 inches (about 1.82 Meters) long
- IR Remote Control
- A Turbo Fan that features with a low noise
- Advanced dual heating system
- The maximum level of noise is 39 dB which is really quiet
- A built-in electronic thermostat in range of 50 to 86 degrees
- Infrared Heater has dimensions of 13 inches depth, 11 inches width and 16 inches height
- It weighs 23 pounds (about 10.43 Kg)
Read Also: Best Dryers for Your Clothes
What We Like
- The ability of the infrared heat to avoid drying out the air in your home
- A built-in humidifier that adds needed moisture into the air during the winter
- An oscillating fan with the ability, fast and quiet to spread out the heated air in your home. Also, the fan can be used as a cooling fan in summer without turning on the heater
- Remote Control – all the features from the heater can be easily controlled from everywhere
- The easy readable digital front display that shows you the current settings
- 4 swivel casters for better transportation from one to another place in your home
What We Don’t Like
- It doesn’t have an option to save your preferred settings
- You cannot use the remote control until you manually turn on the heater
- The classic-wooden design is not aesthetic
- The swivel wheels are made from plastic with low quality
- The wheels don’t have stoppers
Dr Infrared Heater DR968 is an energy-efficient infrared space heater that is capable effectively to heat large rooms from 600 to approximately 1000 square feet. Actually, this is one of the best-infrared space heaters that are worth to invest.