If you are willing to spend about 200 dollars for an excellent espresso machine, the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Cappuccino maker is the best choice at all. The machine will allow you to enjoy your coffee drink whether you like espresso, latte or cappuccino. But, you need to know that the quality of the coffee drinks that you will get from this machine you cannot compare to the coffee drinks made from the espresso machines that cost 500 dollars or above. This is a semi-automated espresso machine that you will get for a really affordable price and it comes with awesome useful features.
With this machine, you can enjoy your lovely espresso any time you want, even this Mr. Coffee Barista has the ability automatically to steam the milk which means, that besides your espresso you can enjoy as well in a nice cup of cappuccino or latte simply with just one pressing of a button. What this model of espresso can offer regarding the price you need to pay, you cannot find a better choice.
The Design of the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
When you take a look at this espresso maker, you will notice that this machine has a nice semi-professional look, thanks to the stainless steel exterior on the front. Most of this coffee maker is made from plastic. A really great thing is that you can choose one of the three offered colors like white, silver and red so it can better fit into your kitchen design.
The Display and the Controls
All the buttons and indicator lights are located in the front on the top right side of the machine. They are easy to read and simple to use. Under the buttons, there is a knob which allows you to control the steam pressure from the wand, whether you want to have latte or cappuccino.
The Main Key Selling Features
The 15 Bar Pump Pressure: Even this is an espresso machine that cost under 200 dollars it comes with a pump that has a pressure of 15 bars. This high pressure is able maximum to extract all the flavors from the coffee to deliver a beautiful espresso with a nice crema on top and a magical smell.
Volume Control: One of the many advantages of this machine is its usability. It simply allows you to set what type of coffee drink you want and also you can control the strength of your coffee drink the way you like it.
Automated Milk Frother: This is another feature that separates this espresso maker from the others in the same class. You will be able to choose the froth level of the milk whether you want to drink/have latte or cappuccino. The automated milk frother will make happy all those coffee lovers who don’t want to waste time and energy manually to prepare the milk foam for their drink. Another great thing besides that is, the milk container is removable so when you don’t are not using anymore the espresso machine you can remove the milk reservoir and store it into your fridge.
Removable Milk Reservoir: Its milk container you can easily remove, which allows you to keep it in the fridge to avoid spoiling of the milk when you don’t use the espresso machine and also when the time comes to wash the milk container you can do it simply and fast.
Removable Water Reservoir: The reservoir for water also is removable and it is located on the back of the machine. This enables you to fill it up with water from the sink in your kitchen or you can just pour water into the reservoir without removing it.
Adjustable Cup Clearance: There is an adjustable cup tray (or height adjustment tray) that is located inside the machines right under the milk reservoir. The tray can be pulled out to support small-sized cups like those ones for espresso shots, or it can be pushed inside to free up more space for placing bigger cups like those ones for latte and cappuccino drinks.
What is Included Together with This Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista?
- The Coffee Machine
- The User’s Manual
- Two filter baskets one for a single shot and one for a double shot of espresso
- A coffee scoop for measuring the coffee and a coffee tamper
- A Recipe Book that will help you to learn how to prepare 20 different types of coffee drinks.
Things to Do Before You Start Using The Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
It doesn’t matter whether you are experienced barista or it is your first time at all to prepare coffee drinks using an espresso machine, there are three important steps that you need always to follow and they are:
Step One: Always carefully read the manual instructions and follow them.
Step Two: Wash all the removable parts from the espresso machine such as the portafilter, filter baskets, coffee scoop, water and milk reservoirs, drip and adjustable cup trays and the two metal drip tray covers.
Important to Know: some of the removable parts you can wash them into your dishwasher like the drip and adjustable trays, water, and milk containers and the coffee scoop. But other parts like portafilter, the two filter baskets, and the two metal drip covers you will need to wash them by hand in warm soapy water.
Step Three: Now the next important step is you need to prime the coffee machine which is a simple process that you need to do it only once before the first brewing coffee. There are simple steps that you need to follow to prime the machine.
- First, you need to fill up the water reservoir right to the sign that says “max”. Do it the same with the milk reservoir. Then place them both firmly into the machine.
- Now take one of the filter baskets and mount it into the portafilter. Then place the portafilter into the brew head of the machine in a locked position. Take a coffee mug or cup and place it under the portafilter.
- Place the frother wand inside the coffee cup.
- Now you need to plug the coffee machine into the outlet on the wall and turn on the coffee machine.
- You will notice that indicator lights of the three buttons will start flickering for a few seconds and then they will stay on.
- The next step is just to press the espresso button and hold it for 3 seconds and then release the button. The water will start flowing into the cup, wait about one and a half minute and then again press the espresso button to stop the water.
- Just Repeat all those steps for latte and cappuccino.
Simple as that, after this, your Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista is ready for action.
The Main Features and Specifications of the MR. Coffee Cafe Barista
- Color: Black and Silver
- Type: Semi-automatic 3 in 1 coffee maker (Espresso, Cappuccino, and Latte)
- The power cord is 26 inches (about 66 cm) long
- The Pump system can create a powerful pressure of 15 bars
- Easy to use one-touch control panel
- Wattage: 1040 watts
- The Milk Frother is automatic
- The Water and Milk Canisters are removable
- Adjustable Cup Tray
- Recipe Book for preparing 20 different types of coffee drinks
- Programmable cleaning cycle
- Its dimensions are6 inches height, 8.9 inches width, and 11.22 length
- This product weights37 pounds (about 4.7 Kg)
The Positive about Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
- Its removable parts are easily washable
- The machine needs about 3 minutes to heat up
- Nice design
- Great price
- They offer you a 1-year limited warranty for this model
The Negative about Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
- The water tank should be bigger
- Most of the machine is made from plastic
- A little bit is noisier
- The coffee scoop/tamper is made from plastic
Our final conclusion is that Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Cappuccino maker is really worth every dollar you need to pay. This coffee machine has all the features that you need to prepare any of your favorite coffee drinks. It is semi-automated, easy to use especially for beginners, easy to maintain and clean, and all that for an affordable price. It is a perfect choice for under 200 dollars.