Do you want to know why the Delonghi hmp1500 mica panel heater is one of the coolest space heaters and at the same time the quietest space heater at an affordable price? The real answer to this and other questions about this amazing space heater, you will get in this detailed review.
The DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater Review
What is really interesting about this Delonghi hmp1500 mica space heater is its design, at first sight for a second; you will think you are looking at a flat-screen TV. Really this heater looks so modern, stylish and innovative accompanied by a black matte finish. Besides its amazing look, this heater features an advanced mica technology for silent operation and two heat settings which give the heater the ability to do a great job when it comes to heating the places in your home.
Watch the Video: DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Space Heater
This heater may look stylish and modern but if you look closely you will notice that the main emphasis of the design of this device is not on its appearance but on its ability to efficiently heat.
The heater only weighs 15.5 pounds (about 7 Kg) and it has dimensions of 27 inches wide, 22 inches high and 10 inches in depth. This unit has a great portability thanks to the four wheels and the carrying handle that is located on top of the backside which you can easily move it to any room in your home. Also, if you want you can remove the wheels from the heater and to mount it on a wall.
In order to move warm air through the room, some heaters have a fan installed, but the side effect of this type of heaters is the background noise of the fan when in use. But this is not the case with this space heater. The Delonghi space heater has a specific mica panel design that is able to effectively deliver heat into the room without a need for a fan.
Mica thermic panel heaters work by heating a large sheet of mica that is placed between several electrodes. A bigger percentage of the air is heated by the hot panel and such heated goes back into the room. At the same time, the heater is converting the energy into an infrared heat which directly is heating up the objects located in front of the heater at a considerable distance.
The uniqueness of this mica technology is not only the efficiently spreading the heated air throughout the room but especially its silent operation. You are not going to hear any buzzing, humming or whirling like with other types of heaters. So having a really quiet heater is imperative for all of us.
This DeLonghi mica panel space heater is able to quickly distribute the heat into a room. You will get the best heating results in rooms no larger than 300 square meters. This heater can also be used for larger indoors that have better thermal insulation.
Also, this heater comes with a thermostat which lets you set it to work until the set temperature is reached. The heater offers two heat settings where you can choose between a low setting of 750 watts and a high setting of 1500 watts. This way you can control the energy consumption as well as the temperature in your room at the same time. This can be done with one of the two dial knobs which is the first one on the top. With the second dial knob, you can select the heat level in a range from 1 to 6.
There is also a little red LED indicator and its main purpose is when the heater is on to show you that it is in operation.
Frost Prevention Mode
In order to avoid freezing in a room, you just need to set the thermostat dial knob at a minimum and the power selector knob at a maximum (MAX). In this way, the Delonghi hmp1500 mica heater will maintain the temperature in the room at about 41 Fahrenheit (about 5 Celsius), so you don’t need to worry something to get frozen in your house.
However, this space heater has some safety features built into it to protect you and the environment in your home. It is really important to mention them:
- The heater also has automatic tip-over protection which means that if it’s accidentally knocked over, falls off the wall, etc, it’s going to shut off automatically.
- Besides that, it features an overheat sensor that will turn the heater off in case if it gets too hot.
- Frost Prevention Mode will keep the temperature in a room at 41F (5C) to prevent freezing in a room.
RELATED: Dr. Infrared Heater DR968 Review
Main Features Specifications
- Type: Mica panel space heater
- Color: Black matte finish
- A Power cord is 72 inches (1.82 meters) long
- Heat settings: Low setting that uses 750 Watts and High setting that uses 1500 Watts
- Adjustable thermostat
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Anti-freeze setting
- Tip-over protection
- This product weighs5 pounds (about 7 Kg)
- Its dimensions are 27 inches wide, 22 inches high and 10 inches depth
What We Like
- Mica Thermic technology
- Its stylish design
- It is an ultra-silent space heater
- It features with anti-freeze option
- You can mount it on a wall
- When the heater works, it doesn’t glow like some of the space heaters
- The thermal cutoff and internal tip-over safety features
What We Don’t Like
- It doesn’t feature with a timer
- It doesn’t come with a remote control
- The length of the power cord
- It operates only on 110-120 Volts
Things You Should Know When Using Delonghi HMP1500 Mica Heater
- The power cord should never be placed on top of the heater while it is in use.
- Never use a power cord or power strip with the heater. The extension cord or power strip may overheat, which may result in a fire.
- The heater should always be in an upright position.
- In case if the power cord for some reason is damaged, you must replace it with a new one in order to avoid any hazards.
- Never use a heater near a shower, bathtub or sink.
- Don’t place the heater nearby curtains or any inflammable materials.
If you are looking for an efficient space heater that is able quickly to heat up any small to mid-size room in your home without making any noise with great portability and nice design, you should consider the Delonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater.
I’ve really come to like this mica thermic panel heater style because of the convection which is just warming the air in the room and the radiant heat that it puts out. So it feels when you place it in front of you it feels like sitting in front of a fireplace. Also, Delonghi hmp1500 mica space heater may be one of the best options for people who are traveling in cold weather with an RV. Overall I think it is a relatively high-quality unit and it is worth the price.